[Video: Tech Start-Up Legal Issues 6: A VC's Advice - Bloomberg Law]
Interesting Bloomberg Law video interview with Ian Sigalow, a partner at Greycroft Partners LLC. Sigalow qualifies his startup advice as pertaining to the digital sector, however the conversation with Bloomberg’s Spencer Mazyck is of interest to any entrepreneur.
Some takeaways – watch the entire video for the whole story:
- There’ll always be employee issues…
- Be sure to grant equity on a vesting schedule…
- Spend on legal sparingly (especially in the early days when you are making decisions about your IP)…
- What makes a great CEO? Charisma. Salesmanship. The ability to inspire…
- Common mistake when pitching VC: people go straight to the detail (because they love their product). Better to focus on the space, the big picture and why it is interesting.
- Be a good story teller…
Other Bloomberg videos in this series:
- Tech Start-Up Legal Issues 5: Hiring a Lawyer (w/ Caine Moss of Goodwin Procter)
- Tech Start-Up Legal Issues 4: Exit Strategies (w/ Selim Day of Wilson Sonsini)
- Tech Start-Up Legal Issues 3: Guarding Your IP Assets (w/ Mark Radcliffe of DLA Piper)
- Tech Start-Up Legal Issues 2: Finding Financing (w/ Lori Hoberman, a partner at Chadbourne & Parke)
- Tech Start-Up Legal Issues 1: Forming Your Company (w/ Edward Zimmerman of Lowenstein Sandler)
Follow other business law news & advisories on Twitter>>